Saturday 22 September 2012

More questions regarding Rosa L Marshall's marriages.

I have been looking at the marriage certificates again, (obsessed I know!) and one thing that I noticed which doesn't make much sense to me are the addresses given for Rosa Lynda and Leonard James. We know that by the time they married in 1931 they already had two children, Leonard and Beryl. Beryl would have only been two months old. Yet they have stated that they are living at different addresses. Putting the addresses into Google Maps shows that they are about a 30min walk apart, so it isn't even as if they are just around the corner. I find it very strange indeed and another question which will continue to spin around my head with no way of ever finding an answer. I would hate to accuse my ancestors of anything dishonourable, but there is certainly something very strange about the whole affair.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that your blog is listed on my Fab Finds post for today at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-fridayfab-finds-for-september-28.html

    ReplyDelete